Sunday 3 March 2013

Blog 1 - The Journey Begins



Blog 1 - Where are you in your songwriting journey?  What do you hope to gain from participating in this challenge?

Where am I in my songwriting  journey? Well, sometimes I feel like I’m just starting out, taking tentative footsteps, then striding forward,  before falling back. Sometimes my head is held high, and I’m certain I’m heading down the right path.  Other times, I’m scuffling along, questioning if I have what it takes to continue onwards. 


Yet, when I look back over the past two years, and see the distance that I’ve traveled, the inspiring songwriters that I’ve met along the way, the new friendships that I’ve made, and the creative spirit that seems to flow among us…..well, let’s just say that I’m still moving, still striving, still seeking that perfect word, that lyrical line that will jump off the page to resonate in a true and honest way into a reader's or listener’s heart. 


And that is what I hope to gain from this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Great to be on this challenge again with you Lucy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it.....and catching up with you and others from the SAC Social Media Challenge. What a great way this has been to meet songwriters across Canada.

      Delete